The purpose of this feedback questionnaire is to gather information
on your learning experience, as well as your responses to
the course and the teacher(s). Please think of these questions
as eliciting your subjective perceptions on various aspects
of the course and the teachers involved in the course. The
information you provide will be useful to your teachers as
well as to the University in the ongoing efforts to enhance
the quality of education at NUS. The data you provide will
be treated as confidential.
The feedback consists of two parts: Part I covers your response
to the teachers (lecturers, seminar facilitators, tutors and
instructors) of the course, while Part II covers your response
to the course as a whole. For each individual teacher, you
should fill a separate form under Part I.
Part I: Feedback on Teachers
Teacher’s Name: ……………………………………………………………
Circle one: Lecturer / Tutor / Instructor / others (please
Section A: Specific Questions: Quantitative
Circle one of the options. [1 = strongly
disagree; 2 = disagree; 3 = neither agree nor disagree; 4
= agree; 5 = strongly agree]. If the question is not relevant
to the course, circle “x” ( x = not applicable,
- The teacher has helped me understand how the knowledge
provided in the course can be applied in various situations.
- The teacher has helped me increase my thinking ability.
- The teacher explains difficult concepts well.
- The teacher has aroused/increased my interest in the
- The teacher shows commitment to teaching.
- The teacher is available for consultation.
- The teacher encourages student participation in class.
[Note: This question may not be relevant
to large classes, for instance, a class with more than 50
Section B: Overall Perception: Quantitative
Circle one of the options. [1=poor; 2=unsatisfactory;
3=satisfactory; 4=good; 5=excellent]
- What is your overall perception of the quality of teaching
of this teacher?
Section C: Qualitative
Answer the questions in the space provided
under each question:
- What do you think are (a) the strengths and (b) the weaknesses,
of the teacher?
- What improvements would you suggest?
Part II: Feedback on the Course as a Whole
Write your comments in the space provided
- Please comment on the value/usefulness of the knowledge
and/or abilities you acquired by taking this course.
- To what degree has the course enhanced your ability to
think critically and/or independently?
- Do you think there is adequate integration of lectures
and other teaching activities such as tutorials, assignments,
projects, tests, etc.?
- Do you have any additional comments on this course in
terms of its strengths, weaknesses, or possible improvements?